Welcome to Bute Research Services!
My editing and programme management experience includes writing, producing and publishing nearly 800 summaries of medical journal articles for the five year National Institute for Health Research Dissemination Centre programme (2016 to 2020).
I mainly assist health research consultancies and other agencies, but have also helped students and other academic writers. To clients’ projects I bring 30+ years’ experience in biomedical science, health librarianship and research support for systematic reviews, including for NICE guidelines.
I can help you with:
Proofreading and editing
- Proofreading medical journal articles and theses
- Editing health-related content
- Bibliographies and article referencing support, e.g. using EndNote, Zotero and other software/apps
- Expert searches of published and grey health and social care literature, for example for rapid reviews
- Developing and testing systematic literature search strategies
- Sifting and tagging of search output
- Regular current awareness output, sifted for relevance and quality
Research project support
- Project scoping
- Identifying experts to contact for interviews
- Assistance with research project management, e.g. tracking stage completion or document supply
- Data extraction
- Report fact checking
I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, and the Association of Independent Information Professionals. I hold professional indemnity insurance from Policy Bee.
Please get in touch to discuss how I can help you.