SfEP category: Advanced Professional
I am based in Glasgow. I work in a range of subjects …
- biography and memoirs
- fine arts and art history
- international relations
- management and business
- music and musicology
- social sciences
… and I have more than 20 years’ experience proofreading and editing books (both for general readership and for academics), journal articles, textbooks and educational materials. I am a tutor and mentor for the SfEP. I have a BA in French (Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA, USA).
I’ll work in collaboration with you to get your text ready for your readers, helping you to achieve …
- clear, unambiguous communication
- maximum impact
- a suitable tone and style
- consistency and a coherent structure
- appropriate formatting and layout
… and, naturally, good spelling, grammar and punctuation.
I have a couple of specialisations:
- I can prepare UK texts for US audiences, and vice versa. (I lived the first half of my life in the USA and have spent the second half in the UK: London and then, fortunately, Scotland.)
- I read music and can proofread musical notation for accuracy and completeness.
If you’d like me to supply a quote for you, please get in touch and tell me about your project. It will be useful if you can let me have a sample of text (about 1,000 words), a description of the work you need done, an idea of your schedule, and an estimate of the length of your complete text.
I look forward to hearing from you.